29 Apr MICRO BUSINESS GRANT SCHEME 2019/20
What is the Micro Business Grant Scheme?
Micro Business Grants are available for small businesses in Mid Sussex:
- Up to £2,000 is available on a 50 per cent match-funding basis to support projects which will help businesses grow.
- In addition to this, a further grant of £1,500 is also available to help with the cost of employing an apprentice.
To be eligible for a grant, your business must meet the following criteria:
- Your business must employ fewer than 10 employees
- Businesses must be located within the District
- Businesses must be properly constituted and able to provide evidence of this.
Examples of evidence can be found on our website
Projects must be activities that will contribute towards the growth of the business and differ from ‘business as usual’, the Council will not cover these costs.
Is your project eligible?
Bids will be assessed against four key criteria. Your bid must demonstrate that the project will result in one or more of the following:
- Creating new sustainable employment, this can include recruiting an apprentice
- The development of new business lines
- Creating a wider customer base
- Delivering community benefits.
The step-by-step application process is as follows:
Step 1 Businesses submit applications. Officers may request further information if needed.
Step 2 An officer will undertake a due diligence review of your business to ensure it meets the eligibility criteria
Step 3 Officers will make a recommendation to the Council’s Cabinet Grants Panel who will make a decision on your application.